Saturday, June 21, 2008

Concequences, Whats that? (RANT)




It would be my 16 yr old asking that question. Things have been a little crazy with him lately. He went to fireworks in the next town over last weekend. A couple of local kids that had been drinking wanted to fight. He managed to leave without any altercations. Then 2 days ago he goes there again to visit his girlfriend. One of these boys assaults him. No they didn't fight, he was assaulted from behind. Grabbed punched in the ear and then in the temple knocking him unconscious. At this point another kid stepped in (A Girl) and the kids took off. The girls brought him home. He calls me and he's pretty upset and asks me to come home. He was a little off but I really thought he was just upset. That is until I handed him the phone to speak with the police. HE COULDN'T even give them his full name. Off to the hospital where I find out he had been unconscious. He's okay black and blue , told to take it easy, no work , school or gaming allowed. Not a happy kid. Tonight I give in and let him go to a friends to sit around a fire and just hang out. There is Adult supervision and I tell them what to watch for. No problem. Accept now it is 12:53 and he was to be home 1.5 hrs ago. Consequences if he's not being careful ,if he has a set back, are not good. He doesn't seem to understand its about his health. I'm not just being a nag. I am so pissed. I give a little and this is what I get. I am so unimpressed. At this point I am thinking the worst. They went out and hes gotten in a bad spot again. Not my normal train of thought. This is not his normal behaviour. So I ask what should the consequences be??? I can think of lots but grounding him means I basically have to babysit. Take electronics Dr. already did. His cell phone, mine rings off the hook. Oh and just to add to my frustration his cell phone is off. Called his girlfriend twice she says he's on his way. They live 5 min away and its been half an hour. I am praying for patience, I'm running low at this point. Well off I go to try and track him down. I'll be the embarrassing Mom tonight, no skin off my ass. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! My prayers are with you. My oldest just turned 13 and I am so dreading the possibility of having these "wonderful" moments in my near future.