Thursday, June 12, 2008

Getting over myself and moving on.

I'm being silly and I know I am but still I persist. I started this blog so I could empty my head at night. Just let go of the days events. Then I read other peoples blogs and think "They are so interesting, so deep, so funny, so intelligent." These thoughts have kept me from blogging. I think why would anyone want to read about my boring life? Then I remembered I'm not wring this for other people I'm writing it for me. If someone else gets something from it that's great, but it really wasn't the point. That being said, Here I go....

Things have been crazy around my house. Draven my youngest has had 2 field trips this week and he in the Zone at school which is a form of detention. I don't usually interfere with the schools disciplinary tactics, but this has gone on for over two weeks. No recess, No lunch hour for a 10 yr old boy for over two weeks. What did he do?? He spoke english. He goes to a francophone school and they are only allowed to speak english in english class. The length seems extreme. The principle says its only supposed to be 3 days. We have a problem. The math means he's been caught 5 times since this began. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result. His teacher is insane. This is not working. Not only is it not working, but a boy who loved school now hates to go. Would you want to go each day knowing you were in trouble before you Evan got there? The principle agreed and as of tomorrow he is no longer in the zone. With a warning from me that if he doesn't want to end up there again please think before you speak and make sure it comes out in french.

Next My husband has decided he's not happy in his career he wants to move up the later. YEAH well kinda, It means going away more, taking courses and going back to school. Thank God for the Internet. Two of his courses start this week.

My 17 year old starts exams this week. His first one was today. The battle to make him understand he still needs to study has begun. I have a great kid. He doesn't smoke or drink or swear at me. (no really he doesn't we actually have a TMI relationship) When it comes to school we really but heads. He quit once for two weeks, full time work at a grocery store wasn't his idea of fun. Now I need him to pass these classes and do one more semester, Doesn't seem like much to me. But to him its his whole life, its forever, (yes I remember feeling that way)
Wish me luck I need it.

Lastly I have been sick all week. A migraine causing nausea, and of course an all around bad mood. I feel sorry for them all. Its not a good week to bug Mom. Here's to tomorrow hopefully a healthier happier day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about boring. My life seems to be boring. But others seem to enjoy reading about me. Does that mean they are boring too? lol. I saw you have linked to my site: recoveringfatty.com. I will check to see if I have you on mine, if not,I will add you too!

Unknown said...

Don't ever let what other people are writing keep you from "emptying your head" and getting your thoughts down. It's important.